Sometimes a problem inspires someone to create a solution. A solution becomes reality when passion, innovation and perseverance are included.
Our mission and purpose is to give people a year of their lives back by making it easy to get quality home services. We do this by providing all the home services that anyone could ever need at the few clicks of a button through our digital platform.
At toolsoup, we think big and are driven by solutions. We build products that customers love. We believe we have created a life-changing app, which will enhance the lives of the people who use it. As a start-up, we are still developing our processes and constantly improving what we do. The one thing that will remain our priority is our people. We encourage our employees to grow, be innovative and help us create a company that people will be proud to work for.
Overview and purpose:
We require an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable individual to join our growing team. The primary purpose of the Systems administrator is to provide proactive support to our online digital platform in accordance with toolsoup’s business needs.
Given that our digital platform, apps and large databases are the heart of our business, this role will be key in adding systems infrastructure and systems administration experience and skills to enable our product, customer and business teams to be able to perform their key roles.
This role will enable our business to grow and thrive through adding experience and deep knowledge of computer networking, internet technology and business application software.
This role will coach and mentor our new systems analysts and junior analysts to enable them to add skills and experience within a growing company.
Our platform has been developed using Microsoft technologies. This will be a varied role, which may require someone to work on several initiatives at one time.
- Install, upgrade and monitor system software and hardware. Data backup and recovery
- Management of spend, negotiate hardware and software contracts along with building and maintaining successful vendor relationships
- Participate as part of the product team to ensure our network, database, support software and IT infrastructure are supporting our platform and products
- Lead and build as appropriate the IT infrastructure supporting the business
- Own the IT systems and infrastructure to set standards and objectives
- Establish and maintain security procedures
- Establish and maintain all data storage systems within cloud contracts
- Design and implementation of appropriate systems and controls to aid business and product efficiencies
- Report on network, systems and infrastructure on a timely basis
- Ensure internal feedback loops work efficiently to ensure corrective action is made efficient
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to optimise hardware and software performance
- Develop and publish documentation and perform technical evaluation
- Take full ownership of individual systems work assigned
- Mentor and coach system analysts to enable their progress and growth
Technical and Person Specification:
- Qualified to degree level along with Microsoft certifications
- Deep knowledge, experience and skill in Microsoft technologies including operating systems, business applications and data storage systems
- Deep knowledge, experience and skill in security, web servers and email
- Knowledge, experience and skill in tech company hardware – PC & Mac
- Strong experience of solving user problems with systems and hardware
- Experience and knowledge of platform ecommerce businesses – desirable
- Ability to evaluate, recommend, implement and use new systems and technologies within the business
- Experience of lead role in systems infrastructure
- Experience of testing procedures and quality control
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Able to keep calm and focused in crisis management situation
- Strong report writing and presenting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technology and skills
- Quick learner and agile multi-tasker must demonstrate proactive initiative and ability to think critically
- Problem solver; able to use agile technologies and tools
- Happy and content working within a fast growth environment
- Flexible and able to work on a standalone project
Key success factors
- Sustainable platform growth
- Management of spend
- Strong and successful relationship with hardware and software providers
- Publish systems and infrastructure plan
- Successful support to product team, measured by feedback
- Hit release date plans
- Maximise customer and user product satisfaction goals
- Hit network and internet stability targets
- Idea generation goals
- Hit backup and storage plan targets
- Meet internal staff IT satisfaction goals through feedback
- Introduction of best practice to enable system improvements
- Produce timely and informative reports
- Improvement within systems team under coaching and mentoring