Sometimes a problem inspires someone to create a solution. A solution becomes reality when passion, innovation and perseverance are included.
Our mission and purpose is to give people a year of their lives back by making it easy to get quality home services. We do this by providing all the home services that anyone could ever need at the few clicks of a button through our digital platform.
At toolsoup, we think big and are driven by solutions. We build products that customers love. We believe we have created a life-changing app, which will enhance the lives of the people who use it. As a start-up, we are still developing our processes and constantly improving what we do. The one thing that will remain our priority is our people. We encourage our employees to grow, be innovative and help us create a company that people will be proud to work for.
Overview and purpose:
We require an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable individual to join our growing team. The primary purpose of the Senior app developer is to provide proactive support to our online digital platform in accordance with toolsoup’s business needs.
This role will add senior software and app building experience and skills to our team to enable our product and future products to be loved by our customers and users.
This role will enable our app and product building to come fully in-house adding the ability to build complicated and specialist product and features.
This role will coach and mentor our existing and new developers and junior developers to enable them to add skills and experience within a growing company.
Our platform has been developed using Microsoft technologies. This will be a varied role, which may require someone to work on several initiatives at one time.
- Design, plan and develop solutions based on customer and user requirements
- Participate as part of the product team to design, code, test, release and deliver moderate to complex app products and features
- Lead and build as appropriate the app products and features per the product plan
- Own the build quality to set standards and objectives
- Establish testing procedures to ensure product meets objectives before release and delivery
- Design and implementation of appropriate systems and controls to aid build efficiencies
- Report on product status on a timely basis
- Ensure internal feedback loops work efficiently to ensure corrective action is made efficient
- Support the integration and use of processes and innovation within the product
- Work closely with our CEO or delegate, product managers, app developers, digital marketing specialists and attend project briefings as required. You will also be required to deliver tasks to tight deadlines to meet product deadlines and needs
- Assist with developing documentation for processes and procedures as part of the product success
- Take full ownership of individual app development work assigned
- Mentor and coach app developers to enable their progress and growth
Technical and Person Specification:
- Qualified to degree level
- Experience of building web applications including mobile
- Deep knowledge, experience and skill in C# and ASP.NET
- Strong SQL experience including large databases and real-time data
- Ability to implement and use new systems and technologies within the product when required
- Experience of lead role in web application build
- Experience of testing procedures and quality control
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong report writing and presenting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technology and skills
- Quick learner and agile multi-tasker must demonstrate proactive initiative and ability to think critically
- Problem solver; able to use agile technologies and tools
- Happy and content working within a fast growth environment
- Flexible and able to work on a standalone project
Key success factors
- Sustainable platform growth
- Management of spend
- Product and features delivered per product plan
- Hit release date plans
- Maximise customer and user product satisfaction goals
- Hit customer agility goals for new features
- Idea generation goals
- Hit testing plan and parameters
- Platform user retention rates
- Introduction of build practice to enable game-changing products
- Produce timely and informative reports
Improvement within app development team under coaching and mentoring